Sunday, March 22, 2009

Recipe of the Week: Italian Hoagies

Sorry I am late adding this. Yesterday turned out to be a busy day. This recipe is inspired by my order I picked up from Angelfood Ministries yesterday. I got 1lb. of Italian Sausage in my order so I thought I would cook up a family favorite of mine.

4 Hoagie Buns
4 Italian Sausage Links (your choice of mild, sweet, or hot)
2 Large Green or Red Bell Peppers sliced
1 1/2 cloves of chopped garlic
1 1/2 cups of shitake mushrooms
1 Large onion sliced
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil

Heat up a skillet over medium heat with vegetable oil. Once hot add the onions and let them start to cook till they are midways to being translucent. Add garlic and allow to cook a few minutes and then add your peppers and mushrooms. Cook this mixture covered till the peppers are tender to the touch (around 20 minutes). Uncover and continue to cook til the liquid evaporates some.

Cooking the sausages: you can grill them or put them on a roasting pan and cook in the oven. The main idea is to get them browned on all sides and cooked thoroughly. I personally cook mine on the grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment