Saturday, March 14, 2009

Recipe of the Week: CopyCat Hamburger Helper

My oven died yesterday so since I have to wait 10 days for new one to arrive at Lowe's I am reduced down to cooking on the stove. I use my oven a lot in my recipes and am dearly missing mine. This recipe is one my daughter loves. I call it a "Hamburger Copycat" because it reminds me of one. This was in a church cookbook awhile back. I hope you will try this and enjoy.

Ingredients:
1 pd. of ground beef
2 cups of elbow macaroni
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
2 cups of water
8 oz. of velvetta cheese block (cut up into small squares)
1 1/2 cup of frozen veggies
1/4 tsp. of Garlic

Cook your ground beef over medium heat till it is done and drain. Stir occassionally.

Add Cream of Mushroom soup and 2 cups of water till boiling.

Add the macaroni and reduce your heat to Medium-Low and cover. Cook for around 10minutes or till tender.

Add the cut up cheese, frozen veggies, and garlic. Cook till veggies are cooked through and the cheese has melted into the sauce. Stir occassionaly. This will take around 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment