Below is some info and a video that was provided to me to share with you.
Crayola is getting greener this back-to-school season and it´s not by creating a new color to join shades like screamin´ green and granny smith apple!
By using solar power, reducing waste and protecting the rainforest, Crayola is doing its part to ensure that the inspired kids of today grow up to inspire a healthier world.
As part of Crayola´s ever-evolving green initiative, this back-to-school season, Crayola is making crayons with solar power, markers from recycled bottle caps and colored pencils from reforested wood.
Crayola crayons, markers and colored pencils getting greener is extra good news for parents. You can feel even better about Crayola products because you are supporting a brand that cares very much about kids and the environment and you´ll still get the same great quality and colors at the same price! So while sometimes environmentally-friendly products cost families more green, not so with Crayola!
You might have noticed while you were doing your back-to-school shopping that packages of Crayola crayons, markers and colored pencils have special icons calling out the way each product is lessening its impact on the environment. These affordable and "green" back-to-school essentials include:
- Crayola Markers - Thanks to new, innovative ways to manufacture Crayola markers from recycled bottle caps, "black" is the new "green!" Crayola markers will now have black barrels instead of white, which allows for more recycled plastic to be used and gives a second life to more than 1 million pounds of plastic bottle caps. Plus, switching to black barrels keeps hundreds of tons of plastic out of landfills each year. Available in 10-ct. Broadline Classic Colors, 10-ct. Broadline Assorted Colors, 10-ct. Fineline Classic Colors, 8-ct. Washable Broadline and 8-ct. Washable Fineline.
- Crayola Green 24-ct. Crayons - The quintessential school supply found in virtually every elementary classroom will be made with the power of the sun. More than 26,200 solar panels will convert sunlight into electricity, generating the energy required to make 1 billion of the 3 billion crayons Crayola makes each year, which equals 60 million 24-ct. boxes. Mother Earth will be smiling down on every forest green, pine green and jungle green crayon that rolls off the assembly line!
- Crayola Green Colored Pencils - Committed to protecting the rain forests since 1987, all Crayola colored pencils have been made from reforested wood instead of wood sourced from tropical rainforest or endangered species. For every tree used, a new tree of the same species is planted. The 12-, 24-, 36-, and 50-ct. boxes of Crayola Colored Pencils will be among the first to carry the "Eco-Evolution" callout on their packaging.
One lucky reader will receive a Crayola Green Back-To-School Prize Pack (pictured above).
1. This giveaway will end on 8/22/2010 at 11:59pm.
2. A winner will be choosen by using Random.org
3. The winner will be notified by email and given 48 hours after that to respond or another winner will be chosen.
4. Each giveaway entry should include an email address that the winner could be notified at.
Leave a comment sharing the ways in which you teach your kids about helping the environment.
1. Follow Crayola on Twitter and leave a comment below with your Twitter Name
2. "Like" Crayola's Facebook Page and leave a comment below with your Facebook Name
3. Follow me on Twitter and leave a comment with your Twitter name. If you already follow me, leave your Twitter name.
4. Tweet about the giveaway and include #MyBlogSpark in the tweet. Leave a comment each time you tweet about it with the status url of the tweet.
5. Subscribe to my blog by email (Sign up box is in the left sidebar) and leave me your email address. If you are already a subscriber leave me a comment also.
6. Blog about this giveaway and leave me a direct link to the post.
7. Become a follower of my blog with Google Friend Connect. It is located in the left sidebar.
8. Follow me on Facebook and leave me your Facebook name
Remember to include an email address in every post.
Disclosure: Crayola provided me with the prize pack, information, and giveaway through MyBlogSpark. All of the views expressed in this review of are solely of mine.