Tuesday, December 14, 2010

I'm A Frito-Lay Fan, Are You?

Chips are a staple in my house, in fact, it is a weakness of mine. I would have to say that an all-time favorite of ours is Lay’s Original. It is salty and crispy and is not greasy. As a Frito-Lay Fan, I received a fan pack that included 1 full sized bag of Tostitos, 1 full sized bag of Original SunChips, 1 full sized bag of Lightly Salted Original Lays, a Frito-Lay chip clip, a Frito-Lay reusable shopping bag, and a coupon for a free bag of Frito-Lay chips.

The Lightly Salted Original Lays are still great even with the reduced salt. They are a great way to enjoy a chip break and not pile on the sodium but still get enough salt that solves your salt craving. The Original SunChips are fabulous. It is salty and taste great. This was my first time trying the original flavor. I have always been a fan of the Harvest Cheddar SunChips. I think that I now will start to buy some of the original flavor now. The Tostitos have always been my go to chip for dips. I will be using them on Christmas Eve when my family gets together for our snack. They go great with Rotel Dip. They can hold up to heavy dips without breaking, which is a plus when you are into your dipping. They are also a little salty which is a plus for me.
The SunChips bag is now made from plants so they are now compostable which is better for our environment and are a great way to deter you from taking a sneak bite because they are very noisy.

Here are some facts that Frito-lay shared with me:

  • Frito-Lay starts with fresh, farm-grown ingredients, making many of our chips with just three simple ingredients: potatoes or corn, all-natural oils and salt.
  • We were the first major food company to remove partially hydrogenated oils from our cooking oil way back in 2003. That means our chips have 0 grams trans fat because we use all-natural oils such as corn oil and sunflower oil.
  • Many varieties of our chips provide whole grains like Tostitos® snacks, which contain 8 grams of whole grain corn per serving, and SunChips®, which brings 18 grams of whole grain per serving to your diet! SunChips® are also a good source of fiber.
  • Frito-Lay supports American farmers and buys the potatoes used to make our potato chips from 80+ farms across 27 states.
Frito-Lay is a brand that will always be a part of my family's favorite snack. They also have a line of dips that pair well with their chips, so check them out.

Disclosure: The above opinions expressed are 100% mine. I received no financial compensation other than they sent me the fan pack to review.

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment