Friday, September 11, 2009

In Honor of the 9/11 Tragedy...

I remember where I was on that tragic day. I was sitting in my favorite chair and watching the Today show (I had not had a day off in 2 weeks that day and was looking to relax) when the unthinkable happened. I remember they were in the middle of a news story and then they broke verse and said in a panic that a plane had just hit the World Trade Center. I remember the media panic that ensued and then there was word that planes where being hijacked. It was like the world was in an action movie at it's climax, only the victims were not actors they were someone's husband, wife, mother, son, father, and daughter. It is sad to think of all of the innocent people who were trapped in the buildings and died and the emergency workers that gave their life trying to save everyone.

Before my daughter left for school today I showed her this website of poems that were written by people who were affected by the 9/11 event. Click Here to see some of the most touching poems that you will here.

To all of our nations heros, thanks for what you do everyday to keep us safe. 


No comments:

Post a Comment